drive to drive
definition: to take road trips for the pure joy of driving & exploring
If you’re ever in Kuala Lumpur for a road trip, this itinerary for a side road trip from Kuala Lumpur may be worth it: Kuala Lumpur – Kampar – Ipoh – Taiping.
In addition to its history in the tin industry, which you can find all about at the free Kinta Tin Mining Museum, Kampar is also known for some foods, namely:
- The famous Kampar Chee Cheong Fun from Restaurant Wing Lok Yuen
- The economical array of food from Medan Selera Kampar
After that stop in Kampar, you can drive on ahead to Ipoh where more food await you, like:
- The famous Canning Garden Chee Cheong Fun at Ipoh Central Cafe
- The nasi lemak at Medan Selera Stadium Ipoh
- Nasi Vanggey at Restaurant Nasi Vanggey
- The ais kepal, a yummy flavoured ball of ice, at Bits and Bobs in Kong Heng Square
Other than food, you can also check out Kellie’s Castle and Gua Tempurung in Ipoh.
Next in Taiping, what else but more food – try a bowl of cendol from Ansari Famous Cendol and special rice noodles at Restaurant Kakak.
If you’re with family, check out the Taiping Lake Gardens and the Taiping Night Safari which provides educational value and fun whilst mingling with wildlife.
Distance travelled: Approximately 205km.